The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is a comprehensive framework which sets the standards for learning, development and care of children from birth to 5 years. The EYFS is a statutory requirement for all OFSTED registered childcare settings.
The EYFS consists of 7 areas of learning and development goals:
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
Within each area there are a number of aims which we endeavour that most children will have achieved by the end of the foundation stage (first year of school).
Our staff are friendly and approachable.
Our staff are qualified.
Our staff are experienced and professional.
- During your child’s time at Little Scallywags their key worker will compile an online profile of their development; the profile follows your child through all stages of nursery and contains lovely photographs and observations tracking their progression, as well as showing all the fun they have at nursery. All of this can be accessed independently online by our parents.
- The core principle of the EYFS is that children learn best through planned, purposeful play. Consequently Little Scallywags gives the children ample choice and opportunity to play with a wide range of toys and equipment.
- As your child progresses through nursery play will sometimes become a little more structured and extra time will be given to activities that will ensure your child starts school with all the basic knowledge and confidence they need..